High-Quality Customer Service
Half of all American households had a bad customer service experience in 2015. Approximately 56% of those people also reported a complaint and received nothing in return for their poor experiences. This shows that poor customer service has almost become an epidemic.
Customer Service and Your Bottom Line
As a business owner, poor customer service significantly affects your bottom line. Here are a few reasons why:
- Customers who had their expectations met or exceeded spent 140% more than those who had a negative experience.
- Dissatisfied customers require more support expenses, since resolving their issues usually costs more than having satisfied customers.
- Dissatisfied customers share their dissatisfaction through reviews and social media posts.
- Customers expect a speedy resolution to their issues.
- Satisfied customers remain customers longer than those who aren’t satisfied.
Best Practices of Customer Service
So what are the best ways to streamline customer service in your company? It’s one thing to smile and use the phrase, “The customer is always right,” but what does that really mean? Here are a few best practices you may use:
- Hire friendly, helpful people at alllevels of the organization. If the company culture is saturated with customer service, consumers will always get the help they need.
- Train employees to focus on serving customer needs. This includes proper product and service training and real-life training, such as how to handle angry shoppers.
- Make customer service training continuous. This type of training shouldn’t stop with one session.
- Build a culture around great service. Everyone needs to be involved in helping customers.
- Focus on creating an amazing customer experience for every interaction.
- Treat employees like gold. The better you treat your employees, the better they care for customers.
- Make customer service fun and rewarding by having fun on the job and rewarding employees for good service.
The benefits exceed the costs when it comes to customer service. Our support team is here to help you when it comes to your next office design project. Contact Office Images to schedule an appointment with a design expert. We take care of you so you can take care of your business.